Salt & Pepper

I’m sitting on his lap and I’ve grown because my face is resting on his chin and the tip of my toes brush the floor. My cheek feels his stubborn beard and eyes catch a stary white hair in his dimple. And I smile because we cant help but grow.

I can’t sit on his laps anymore, but as I hug him I still feel his beard on my cheek and my eyes catch a stray black hair on his chin. And I smile becuase we cant help but grow.

“As I grew older, I thought it wise to to have a photo showing my vintage white hair, which might disappear with age.”

Because it’s not the clouds that disappear at night, it’s its contrast against the blue sky. So, my white hair will disappear until there is no black. And I smile because well…

I’m bald and don’t have a beard!

Caffeine

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Electric Wires

Maria DeSanctis

I left my heart with the gondolier on the gondola in Venice!