The truth about 2009 pg.4
Do you want to know the truth about 2009?
Yes. Yes, now. Now, I remember why I awoke breathless. Only just some, really.
Every night I am afraid to sleep. I wouldnt wake up. Like of mercy and forgiveness and strength and grace, I am afraid. Because what if I am forced to hell when I dont wake up. I am afraid so...
I would feel my chest for my heart beat and close my eyes... I said, 'Please, just this night.'.
I am at the edge of a cliff and the water below is angry. Wind in my face. Cold, wet, salty. I am barefeet. The sand is mossy. I squeeze my toes and look down. The height is hypnotic and I want to lean over. I bend down to kneel. I swear, I hear the water cursing... I stand, I am afraid now. I stop rocking on my heels and toes. And turn around.
I cant hear my feet above the sound of my heart racing. Yet as I walk away from the edge I panic a little. I cant see the rough waves or the reflection of the flat grey clouds along the deep ripples of the dirty sea; and I panic.
I stop now. It should be easy. To avoid an angry cursing storm. Yet, I hesitate to run from... Is it some odd comfort that draws me back?
Im tired and I cant think. Tomorrow.
So 'Please, please, just another night.'. Let me wake up and choose.'
Do you want to know the truth about 2009?
Caffeine
Yes. Yes, now. Now, I remember why I awoke breathless. Only just some, really.
Every night I am afraid to sleep. I wouldnt wake up. Like of mercy and forgiveness and strength and grace, I am afraid. Because what if I am forced to hell when I dont wake up. I am afraid so...
I would feel my chest for my heart beat and close my eyes... I said, 'Please, just this night.'.
I am at the edge of a cliff and the water below is angry. Wind in my face. Cold, wet, salty. I am barefeet. The sand is mossy. I squeeze my toes and look down. The height is hypnotic and I want to lean over. I bend down to kneel. I swear, I hear the water cursing... I stand, I am afraid now. I stop rocking on my heels and toes. And turn around.
I cant hear my feet above the sound of my heart racing. Yet as I walk away from the edge I panic a little. I cant see the rough waves or the reflection of the flat grey clouds along the deep ripples of the dirty sea; and I panic.
I stop now. It should be easy. To avoid an angry cursing storm. Yet, I hesitate to run from... Is it some odd comfort that draws me back?
Im tired and I cant think. Tomorrow.
So 'Please, please, just another night.'. Let me wake up and choose.'
Do you want to know the truth about 2009?
Caffeine
Comments
Post a Comment