The truth about 2009 pg.2

Do you want to know the truth about 2009?

Im laying on the ugly green rug in my old room. Its late morning and the sun is shining. I know that because I see the light, a thin line under my drawn curtain. And thats all the light in the dark room.

Oh, except for the dull glow of my laptops hibernating LCD... And the annoying flash from my phones as they ring silently...

There are many months leading to today. So dont get confused when...

As I lie there with an annoying bout of hiccups, punishment for the constant crying, I am praying. 'Jesus, Jesus... Jesus, Jesus, Jesus...' I just lie there praying, 'Jesus, Jesus...'

I am the third, mute monkey... With my hands on my mouth. Except I choose not to free my lips, not because of wisdom to speak no evil. I am scared to ask forgiveness and mercy. I choose for my burdens to silence my prayer, why? Thats the battle... And its a bloody fight.

The battle of faith and unbelief. No. The battle of strong belief against a crippling faithlessness.

Ah, and in the midst of the raging storm, oh God grant me grace to swim through with the calmness of belief AND faith.

Do you want to know the truth about 2009?

Caffeine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Electric Wires

Maria DeSanctis

I left my heart with the gondolier on the gondola in Venice!